Dismiss Notice

This website uses cookies

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic.
You consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.
Dismiss Notice

Thanks for visiting us!

Tilers Forum is a free community for Tilers, Tiling Suppliers, Tiling Manufacturers and anyone who likes tiling!
If you find anything useful here please consider registering and getting involved with our community.

Click here to join!

Newbie to all this!!!

Discussion in 'Tanking & Wetroom Forum' started by Confused.com, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Confused.com

Confused.com New Member

Hi All

I hope you don't mind but I really need to pick your brains. I am a disabled lady but not in a wheelchair (but there is the chance that I will eventually be) My question is what is the most cost-effective future proof shower area we can create? I have been doing a lot of reading on different websites this weekend and am really not sure what is the best solution for my needs now and in the future.

We did consider a shower/steam cubicle but were talked out of it by our builder as he said that I would not be able to stand the enclosed area (Claustrophia) and that it was a very high price to pay when I could have a lovely wet room with a shower and jets that I wanted . I am now very confused as to what system would be best for me, I have found the shower that I want it is a Hudson Reed fixed shower head and body jets (This shower is the only one with a long guarantee that looks to be of a very good standard for the price bracket we are looking at)

Do we go for a ModularWet floor system or a very shallow Shower Tray? The area that the shower will be in measures 1800mm x 800mm with no screens, so open to all the bathroom which measures 1.8 mtrs x 2 mtrs.

Please any advice would be very welcome.

Tags: